Evolution of the Company
Anchored by the entrepreneurial spirit and extensive hands-on experience at Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.,(HAL), Late Mr. M. Subramaniam, a self driven professional set up his own workshop - Mani Industries for manufacture of machined parts as per customer's drawings. Front runners like the automobile systems major - MICO (now Bosch India) and some Public Sector Industries were quick to evaluate and utilize the potential of the new enterprise.
1971 to 1980
- The baton passed on from the visionary father to his tech-savvy son Mr.S. Muralidharan.
- Hands on experience on various machine techniques combined with "lead by example" management skills; the new leadership propelled the enterprise to a higher plane of operations.
- Shivamani Industries, a totally restructured outfit, was established in 1979 by Mr.S.Muralidharan for diversification into specialized component & sub-assembly manufacture for new industry segments.
1981 to 1990
- A fruitful association opened up with Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL), a large public sector establishment engaged in producing defence electronics and communication equipment. Quite soon, Shivamani Industries was able to establish a niche for itself as a premier supplier of components and sub-assemblies to BEL factories all over the country.
- Client portfolio got a boost with the addition of giants like Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, Ingersoll Rand, NGEF, Indian Telephone Industries (ITI), ITC Ltd etc.
1991 to 2000
Early 1990s signalled a radical makeover when the leading cigarette manufacturer in India, offered to support manufacture of machines for their secondary packaging lines. 150 speed wrapping machine, tip turner for cigarette packaging lines and link up systems were developed during this period. A dedicated facility- EM Shivamani Engineering (EMS) was formed to cater to this sector.
2001 to 2010
- EMS introduced 300 speed wrappers and downstream equipment like parceller and case packer, to offer a composite high speed secondary packaging line.
- Filter tray packing machines supplied to Essentra (formerly known as Filtrona) factories in various parts of the world.
- 2008: Energy Pack (P) Ltd., a futuristic facility is commissioned to develop packaging machines for a wider spectrum of products, besides the tobacco sector
- 2008: Mr Karthik Muralidharan, son of Mr Muralidharan joins the core team extending the business heritage to the 3rd generation.
2011 to 2014
- "Energy Pack" makes impact in new domains of packaging - confectionery, personal care, foods & beverages, etc. Enlarges customer base.
- 2012: Shivamani group ties up with Molins Tobacco Machinery (US), for distribution of Shivamani products trough Molins global network. Also for development of new machinery for cigarette packaging.
- New look company logo unveiled, reflecting brand identity as a wholesome packaging solution provider.